Monday 3 December 2012

Beware the Tax Collector's Dog!

Whilst looking for accountants jokes to post on my blog earlier today, I came across the following:

What's the difference between a Doberman and a Tax Inspector?
A Doberman will eventually let go!

A funny enough joke in itself and I was pleased that I'd found one that was at the expense of the tax man rather than myself, but more interesting was the anecdote attached to it.

Did you know...


According to various websites I discovered, the Doberman dog breed was created by a tax collector!

Sources suggest Herr Karl Friedrich Louis Dobermann (1834-1891) had a number of professions including dogcatcher, night watchman and tax collector, the latter two of which involved some risk to life and limb.

With ready access to a supply of dogs, he set about breeding a watchful, sharp, brave and intelligent dog to accompany him on his rounds.

His aim was to create a guard dog with a strong mouth, good nose, courage, hardness and a highly developed protective instinct. The result was the Doberman Pinscher.

Want to know more?


A quick search on Google pulled up the following websites that appear to corroborate the story to some degree or another:


So, if the thought of the tax man knocking on your door makes you nervous, give Fiona Wills a call. I'm good with dogs!



No comments:

Post a Comment